News & Events
Each Thursday, May 23rd through August 29th, 6-9pm, we’ll fire up the grills and host live music on the patio! Bring food to cook and your best grilling skills for a fun, laid back evening. Don’t forget lawn games and picnic blankets! Dogs and children are welcome. Meat from Free Union Grass Farm can be and thawed by calling ahead. Inclement weather may cancel, please check our facebook page for updates.
Stinson Vineyards’ Session Sunday fall music series kicks off September 1 from 1-4pm with live music by The Sally Rose Band! Grills will be fired up from 12-3pm. Bring food to enjoy with a glass of wine and get your #sundaychill on! Don’t forget to pack lawn games and picnic blankets. Children and leashed dogs are welcome.
Sunday Sessions will continue each Sunday through October, though severe inclement weather may cancel these events. Please check our facebook page for the most up to date information.
September 1 – The Sally Rose Band
September 8 – Jacob Paul Allen
September 22 – Local Vocals
September 29 – Brian Franke
October 13 – Matthew McAllister
October 20 – Nick Franzitta
October 27 – Paulo Franco
Food & Wine Magazine Lists Charlottesville Wine Region as “best and most underrated” – Top Wineries Include Stinson
Food & Wine Magazine Executive Wine Editor Ray Isle lists Charlottesville, Virginia as his vote for “the best and most underrated wine region in the US” in his October 2016 Your Urgent Wine Questions, Answered column. He elaborates: “It’s absolutely gorgeous, and the top wineries (such as Barboursville, Stinson, Michael Shaps and King Family) will impress even the biggest wine snob”. Bonus points for shout outs to Fleurie, one of our favorite local restaurants, and The Farmhouse B&B at Veritas.
Southern Living Travel shines a spotlight on The South’s Best Vineyards, acknowledging that “the South may be widely known for whiskey and bourbon, but its growing wine scene should not be overlooked”. Stinson is included among some of our local favorites including Veritas, Barboursville, Michael Shaps, Blenheim, and Keswick.
Thanks to The Washington Post for including us in their September 15th Travel Section. Stinson was listed among some of our favorite area wineries under Central Virginia Top Picks for Best Wines and Kid/Pet Friendly. Come on out and see for yourselves!
In The Press
- 13 Top Charlottesville Wineries to Visit Yahoo! News | Gwen Pratesi | June 12, 2019
- 5 Gorgeous Charlottesville Wineries to Visit Chilled Magazine | Alana Tielmann | May 2019
- Concrete decision: Stinson Vineyards ferments in an egg that’s hard to beat C-VILLE Weekly | Robert Harllee | May 6, 2019
- Is Aging Wine in Concrete The Next Big Thing? chowhound.com | Emily Cappiello | February 26, 2019
- Why 2019 Is The Year Of The Curious Wine Drinker forbes.com | Jill Barth | December 19, 2018
- Wine & Spirits: At Virginia’s Stinson Vineyards, it’s quality rosé times two The Richmond Times-Dispatch | Jack Berninger | April 11, 2018
- Tastemaker: Rachel Stinson Vrooman | Stinson Vineyards thecorkreport.us | Lenn Thompson | September 18, 2017
- Wine from the Blue Ridge Mountains Napa Valley Register | Allison Levine | February 21, 2017
- Your Urgent Wine Questions, Answered Food & Wine | Ray Isle | October 2016 (pg 94)
- Syrah In Idaho, Chardonnay In Virginia, And The Expanding World Of American Wine forbes.com | Brian Freedman | September 19, 2016
- The Best Virginia Wines and Their Classic Region Counterparts foodandwine.com | Erin Barbour Scala | May 4, 2016
- IDTT Wine 349: Virginia Winemakers I’ll Drink To That Talking Wine with Levi Dalton Podcast | Erin Barbour Scala | March 29, 2016
- The South’s Best Vineyards southernliving.com | March 2015
- Virginia Wineries: Our Top Picks By Category Washington Post | September 15, 2014
- Fourth Annual Made in the South Awards Garden & Gun | December/January 2014