News & Events
Please join us for a collaborative Spring Wine Dinner celebrating the wines of White Hall, Virginia as part of the Taste of Monticello Wine Trail Festival Week on Thursday, May 10, 6-9pm! The event will be held at the While Hall Community Building (2904 Browns Gap Turnpike, Crozet, VA 22932).
White Hall Vineyards, Stinson Vineyards, and Grace Estate Winery have teamed up with Kitchen Catering and Events to bring you the perfect night in White Hall. Winemakers Brad McCarthy (White Hall), Rachel Stinson Vrooman & Nathan Vrooman (Stinson), and Frantz Ventre (Grace Estate) will walk you through your wine and food pairings. Reservations are $85/person and include gratuity and tax. Please purchase online by May 1st.
*On purchase, your name will go on our Guest List. Please choose “PICKUP” as your shipping option, although you will not need to pickup anything. Seats will be reserved; let us know if you would like to be seated with other members of your group. The White Hall Community Center is located at the intersection of Garth Road & Browns Gap Turnpike (Routes 614 & 810). Parking is behind building, with overflow parking in the lot across from The Piedmont Store/White Hall Post Office.*
Menu Details Coming Soon!
Our Tailgate Thursday summer music series returns May 24 with Scuffletown! We’ll continue to fire up the grills and host live music on the patio every Thursday, through August 30, from 6 to 9 pm. Bring your own food to grill, or purchase meats from our tasting room farm stand, and enjoy a fun, laid back night at the vineyard. With free admission and live music on the patio, it’s the perfect way to start your almost-weekend. Don’t forget to pack lawn games and picnic blankets. Children and leashed dogs are welcome!
Meat from Free Union Grass Farm can be purchased and thawed by calling ahead. General thaw times are 20 to 40 minutes. For larger cuts and whole chickens, calling a day in advance is suggested.
Severe inclement weather may cancel the event – follow our facebook page to stay on top of updates and weekly lineups. **Please note that due to VA ABC regulations, the only alcohol that can be consumed on the property must be wine purchased from the tasting room during the duration of the event.**
– Music Lineup –
May 24: Scuffletown
May 31: Michael Clem Trio
June 7: Cville Jazz Congregation
June 14: Sue Harlow
June 21: Pauline
June 28: Michael Coleman
July 5: Gallatin Canyon
Food & Wine Magazine Lists Charlottesville Wine Region as “best and most underrated” – Top Wineries Include Stinson
Food & Wine Magazine Executive Wine Editor Ray Isle lists Charlottesville, Virginia as his vote for “the best and most underrated wine region in the US” in his October 2016 Your Urgent Wine Questions, Answered column. He elaborates: “It’s absolutely gorgeous, and the top wineries (such as Barboursville, Stinson, Michael Shaps and King Family) will impress even the biggest wine snob”. Bonus points for shout outs to Fleurie, one of our favorite local restaurants, and The Farmhouse B&B at Veritas.
Southern Living Travel shines a spotlight on The South’s Best Vineyards, acknowledging that “the South may be widely known for whiskey and bourbon, but its growing wine scene should not be overlooked”. Stinson is included among some of our local favorites including Veritas, Barboursville, Michael Shaps, Blenheim, and Keswick.
Thanks to The Washington Post for including us in their September 15th Travel Section. Stinson was listed among some of our favorite area wineries under Central Virginia Top Picks for Best Wines and Kid/Pet Friendly. Come on out and see for yourselves!
In The Press
- Stinson Vineyards of Virginia: New Releases International Wine Review | Mike Potashnik | July 3, 2017
- Wine from the Blue Ridge Mountains Napa Valley Register | Allison Levine | February 21, 2017
- Crib Sheet: Your Updated Guide to Orange Wine punchdrink.com | Jon Bonné | November 16, 2016
- Your Urgent Wine Questions, Answered Food & Wine | Ray Isle | October 2016 (pg 94)
- Syrah In Idaho, Chardonnay In Virginia, And The Expanding World Of American Wine forbes.com | Brian Freedman | September 19, 2016
- The 25 Best Rosés Under $25 bloomberg.com | Elin McCoy | May 27, 2016
- The Best Virginia Wines and Their Classic Region Counterparts foodandwine.com | Erin Barbour Scala | May 4, 2016
- IDTT Wine 349: Virginia Winemakers I’ll Drink To That Talking Wine with Levi Dalton Podcast | Erin Barbour Scala | March 29, 2016
- The South’s Best Vineyards southernliving.com | March 2015
- The Wine Guide: Fortune’s 25 Best Wines for the Summer fortune.com | Daryna Tobey | May 2015
- Virginia Wineries: Our Top Picks By Category Washington Post | September 15, 2014
- Fourth Annual Made in the South Awards Garden & Gun | December/January 2014