News & Events
Our Session Sunday fall music series begins on September 2 and continues each Sunday through October! The grills will be lit from 12-3pm and we’ll have live music on the patio from 1-4pm. Like Tailgates, you can bring your own food to grill, or purchase meats from our tasting room farm stand. Meat from Free Union Grass Farm can be purchased and thawed by calling ahead. General thaw times are 20 to 40 minutes. For larger cuts and whole chickens, please email a day in advance.
Severe inclement weather may cancel the event – follow our facebook page to stay on top of updates and weekly lineups. **Please note that due to VA ABC regulations, the only alcohol that can be consumed on the property must be wine purchased from the tasting room during the duration of the event.**
– Music Lineup –
Sun, Sept 23: Gallatin Canyon
Sun, Sept 30: Paulien
Sun, Oct 7: Bobby Midnight Band
Sun, Oct 14: Sue Harlow
Sun, Oct 21: Cville Jazz Congregation
Sun, Oct 28: Burrito Riders League
Food & Wine Magazine Lists Charlottesville Wine Region as “best and most underrated” – Top Wineries Include Stinson
Food & Wine Magazine Executive Wine Editor Ray Isle lists Charlottesville, Virginia as his vote for “the best and most underrated wine region in the US” in his October 2016 Your Urgent Wine Questions, Answered column. He elaborates: “It’s absolutely gorgeous, and the top wineries (such as Barboursville, Stinson, Michael Shaps and King Family) will impress even the biggest wine snob”. Bonus points for shout outs to Fleurie, one of our favorite local restaurants, and The Farmhouse B&B at Veritas.
Southern Living Travel shines a spotlight on The South’s Best Vineyards, acknowledging that “the South may be widely known for whiskey and bourbon, but its growing wine scene should not be overlooked”. Stinson is included among some of our local favorites including Veritas, Barboursville, Michael Shaps, Blenheim, and Keswick.
Thanks to The Washington Post for including us in their September 15th Travel Section. Stinson was listed among some of our favorite area wineries under Central Virginia Top Picks for Best Wines and Kid/Pet Friendly. Come on out and see for yourselves!
In The Press
- Virginia’s Award-Winning Monticello Region is Your 2018 Summer Wine Trip forbes.com | Jill Barth | May 14, 2018
- Wine & Spirits: At Virginia’s Stinson Vineyards, it’s quality rosé times two The Richmond Times-Dispatch | Jack Berninger | April 11, 2018
- Tastemaker: Rachel Stinson Vrooman | Stinson Vineyards thecorkreport.us | Lenn Thompson | September 18, 2017
- Wine from the Blue Ridge Mountains Napa Valley Register | Allison Levine | February 21, 2017
- Crib Sheet: Your Updated Guide to Orange Wine punchdrink.com | Jon Bonné | November 16, 2016
- Your Urgent Wine Questions, Answered Food & Wine | Ray Isle | October 2016 (pg 94)
- Syrah In Idaho, Chardonnay In Virginia, And The Expanding World Of American Wine forbes.com | Brian Freedman | September 19, 2016
- The 25 Best Rosés Under $25 bloomberg.com | Elin McCoy | May 27, 2016
- The Best Virginia Wines and Their Classic Region Counterparts foodandwine.com | Erin Barbour Scala | May 4, 2016
- IDTT Wine 349: Virginia Winemakers I’ll Drink To That Talking Wine with Levi Dalton Podcast | Erin Barbour Scala | March 29, 2016
- The South’s Best Vineyards southernliving.com | March 2015
- The Wine Guide: Fortune’s 25 Best Wines for the Summer fortune.com | Daryna Tobey | May 2015
- Virginia Wineries: Our Top Picks By Category Washington Post | September 15, 2014
- Fourth Annual Made in the South Awards Garden & Gun | December/January 2014