News & Events
One of our favorite weekends of the year, the Taste of Monticello Wine Trail Festival, is coming up Thursday, April 13th through Saturday, April 15th, 2017! The local festival highlights the best of the Monticello AVA over the course of 3 event packed days.
The weekend kicks off Thursday, April 13th at 6pm with the Monticello Cup Awards at the Jefferson Theater. Attendees will sample medal winning wines from the competition with paired hors d’oeuvres. Tickets are $65/person.
Festival fun continues on Friday, April 14th with two special paired meals! From 10am to 1pm you’ll find us at #yeswayrosé: A Rosé Lunch at Early Mountain Vineyards pouring our brand new 2016 Rosé along with rosés from Early Mountain, Blenheim Vineyards, Loving Cup Vineyard & Winery and Cardinal Point Winery. Tickets are available exclusively with the purchase of a 2 or 3-Day Festival Pass, starting at $90/person.At 6pm we’ll be back out in White Hall for a collaborative Taste of White Hall Winemakers Dinner with White Hall Vineyards, Grace Estate Winery, and Kitchen Catering. Reservations are $85/person and include gratuity and tax.
The weekend concludes with the Grand Tasting Event on Saturday, April 15th at the Sprint Pavilion in Downtown Charlottesville. The tasting features Monticello Wine Trail wineries plus vendors and food trucks. An upgraded VIP ticket allows you access to the VIP section with catered food, a bonus wine from each winery, and winemaker tastings. It’s the perfect way to spend a spring day! General Admission tickets are $35/person, on sale for $29/person before April 1st.
More information on all festival events and ticketing options, including 3 and 2-Day Passes, can be found at www.monticellowinetrailfestival.com.
Food & Wine Magazine Lists Charlottesville Wine Region as “best and most underrated” – Top Wineries Include Stinson
Food & Wine Magazine Executive Wine Editor Ray Isle lists Charlottesville, Virginia as his vote for “the best and most underrated wine region in the US” in his October 2016 Your Urgent Wine Questions, Answered column. He elaborates: “It’s absolutely gorgeous, and the top wineries (such as Barboursville, Stinson, Michael Shaps and King Family) will impress even the biggest wine snob”. Bonus points for shout outs to Fleurie, one of our favorite local restaurants, and The Farmhouse B&B at Veritas.
Southern Living Travel shines a spotlight on The South’s Best Vineyards, acknowledging that “the South may be widely known for whiskey and bourbon, but its growing wine scene should not be overlooked”. Stinson is included among some of our local favorites including Veritas, Barboursville, Micheal Shaps, Blenheim, and Keswick.
Thanks to The Washington Post for including us in their September 15th Travel Section. Stinson was listed among some of our favorite area wineries under Central Virginia Top Picks for Best Wines and Kid/Pet Friendly. Come on out and see for yourselves!
In The Press
- Crib Sheet: Your Updated Guide to Orange Wine punchdrink.com | Jon Bonné | November 16, 2016
- 24 Bottles That Demonstrate the Variety and Bounty of American Wine thedailymeal.com | Roger Morris | November 1, 2016
- Your Urgent Wine Questions, Answered Food & Wine | Ray Isle | October 2016 (pg 94)
- Donald Trump may be losing, but he’s making America grape again at Trump Winery nydailynews.com | Gersh Kuntzman | October 23, 2016
- Syrah In Idaho, Chardonnay In Virginia, And The Expanding World Of American Wine forbes.com | Brian Freedman | September 19, 2016
- The 25 Best Rosés Under $25 bloomberg.com | Elin McCoy | May 27, 2016
- The Best Virginia Wines and Their Classic Region Counterparts foodandwine.com | Erin Barbour Scala | May 4, 2016
- IDTT Wine 349: Virginia Winemakers I’ll Drink To That Talking Wine with Levi Dalton Podcast | Erin Barbour Scala | March 29, 2016
- The South’s Best Vineyards southernliving.com | March 2015
- Best of Year Issue Wine Enthusiast | Alexander Peartree | December 2015
- The Wine Guide: Fortune’s 25 Best Wines for the Summer fortune.com | Daryna Tobey | May 2015
- Virginia Wineries: Our Top Picks By Category Washington Post | September 15, 2014
- Vines and Wines: White Hall Richmond Times Dispatch | Jack Berninger | September 15, 2014
- Fourth Annual Made in the South Awards Garden & Gun | December/January 2014